Sunday Gathering Information
Beginning July 5th and continuing through Labor Day weekend
8:00am: Classic Grace Worship Indoors (Sanctuary)
9:30am: Contemporary Joy Worship Outdoors (West Lawn)
Here are the guidelines for in-person worship:
- Maintain 6-foot physical distance while in the parking lot, the building, and the grounds.
- Refrain from handshakes, hugs, or other expressions of physical touch.
- Masks are strongly recommended, especially for indoor worship, but for outdoor as well. Masks will be available for those who forgot them or who need them.
- We will have hand sanitizers by each of the sanctuary doors as well as outside by the west doors for outdoor worship.
- If you have or have had a temperature above 100.4 within 72 hours of worship, please stay home.
- If you have a cough or have not been feeling well within 72 hours of worship, please stay home.
- If you cough or sneeze, use a tissue to cover your nose and mouth. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Wash your hands after using the restroom.
- We will not be passing the offering baskets during worship. Offering baskets will be at each of the doors of the sanctuary and for outdoor worship the offering baskets will be located at the corners of our worship space. All are encouraged to use electronic giving from the homepage of our website or the Immanuel app (contact the church office if you need assistance with how to do this).
- All interior doors will remain propped open.
- If you prefer, the exterior door on the east main entrance can be opened by pressing the handicap button.
- All door handles (interior, exterior, sanctuary, and restroom), the wooden pews in the sanctuary, and any metal folding chairs used for outdoor worship will be sanitized prior to worship each week.
- Every other row in the sanctuary is taped off to help create physical distance between worshipers.
- All hymnals, Bibles, pencils, and paper have been removed from the pews and chairs.
- At this time, we are prohibited by state mandate from serving any food or beverage. Therefore no coffee will be available. You are welcome, however, to bring your own coffee in your own cup/mug, if you wish. If you do stop by one of our local coffee establishments, make sure and use Scrip to help benefit Immanuel even further!
- There will be no nursery available. There are changing tables in each of the bathrooms in the west atrium. Also, the atrium is available for those kiddos that need to get the “wiggles” out!
- There will be one—time-use “worship busy bags” for children located by the entrance to the sanctuary for 8:00am worship and by doors into the west atrium for 9:30am worship.
- We will not be offering the Lord’s Supper during worship until we are able to establish and safe, sanitary, and efficient way to do that. Please mark your calendar for our two July Lord’s Supper dates: Wednesday, July 8th and Wednesday, July 29th. Here is the link to sign up for the July 8th Lord’s Supper times – https://signup.com/go/VnDGBaZ
Specific Outdoor Worship Encouragement
- All worshipers are strongly encouraged to bring their own chairs.
- While shaded areas are plenty, in years past the tendency has been to not sit up near the front (surprisingly – LOL!!). But there is a significant amount of shade up front (toward the west and in front of the pergola) that typically goes unused. Pastor Glen has promised not to bite, spit, or step on anyone who sets up their chairs up front! You are encouraged to use that space.
- Large brimmed hats, small umbrellas, and sunscreen are encouraged for your personal shade.
- Restrooms in the west atrium may be accessed through the west doors.