Spiritual Growth & Bible Study Groups at Immanuel
Monday: Global Prayer Group - Members and friends of Immanuel meet together to prayer for our nation and world every Monday in Immanuel’s conference room (Room 112) at 1pm. For more information contact Sue Found at email@example.com
Tuesday: Morning Men’s Bible Study – We are continuing to study the Book of James and are beginning Ch.5 on Sept.1. The study is led by Paul Hein at 6am in Room 24 (Conference Room at Immanuel Lutheran Church). If you are interested in joining us, please contact Paul Hein at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday: Early Morning Women’s Study – We meet for the first time on Tuesday, June 30 from 6:15-7:15am. This early morning study is designed with the working woman in mind (because it’s hard to find the time!) but all women are welcome! Our study this time is Paul: A Biography by N.T. Wright. We will meet at the home of Yvonne Wittrock (4200 Angelica Place, Johnstown, CO 80534) Tea, coffee and a yummy treat will be offered. Please plan to buy your own book. We would love to have you come so contact Yvonne at email@example.com or 208-380-9770 with your questions.
Tuesday Afternoon and Evening: Jim Found leads a sharing group every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 1:30pm at Immanuel Lutheran Church and 7pm at Jim’s home (837 Libra Court, Loveland) We are currently studying the book Believe: Living the Story of the Bible to Become Like Jesus by Randy Frazee. For more information, please contact Jim at 970-663-5490 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday: Women on Wednesday (WOW!) have been studying the book of Mark using the Lifelight series. We will continue these in-depth topics so come join us! We meet at Immanuel Lutheran Church on Wednesday mornings from 9:30-11am in Room 36. Please contact LesLee Heusinkveld at email@example.com for more information about our study.
Friday Morning: Men’s Rise & Shine Bible Study Group. Currently we are studying the Book of 1 Thessalonians. This group normally meets at 6:00am at Perkin’s Restaurant, however, currently we are meeting at 6:00am using the Jitsi Meet App which you can install on your phone or simply use this link: https://meet.jit.si/LovelandFridayMorningBibleStudy If you would like more information about this study, please contact Ron Heusinkveld at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday Morning: History of the Christian Church – We meet for the first time on Saturday, June 13 at 9:15am at the home of Art Germann (4951 Filbert Drive, Loveland, CO 80538). We begin with a brief social time and start our study at 9:30am which includes an excellent video and discussion questions. We conclude at 10:30am. If you have any questions, please contact Art Germann at email@example.com
More Information: Sunday morning Bible classes and additional weekday small groups will start up again in the Fall. Sunday morning studies are scheduled to begin September 13th during the Education Hour, 9:30-10:20am at Immanuel Lutheran Church.
There are a variety of weekday small groups available, and if you would like some help beginning a small group of your own, please contact Jim Found (firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-663-5490).These are opportunities for spiritual growth, as well as opportunities to ask questions and dialogue with others. And on top of that you can meet and make Christian friends to encourage you in your Christian walk. These topics and times that have been announced so far.
Interest Groups at Immanuel
What are Interest Groups?
Immanuel’s Interest Groups are simply groups of people with similar interests. There is no official membership list kept of each group. Rather, an email listing is collected and contact is made when an activity is planned. Participation is welcome in any group at any time.
Because of the Covid-19 issues, a number of Immanuel’s special interest groups are currently on hiatus until later in the summer. Please check back throughout the summer as these groups are looking to begin again.
Summer Softball - Summer Softball is Happening! Softball. Immanuel has several softball teams that play each summer. Games typically start in late-May and run through early-August. It is a “pay to play” and the cost is typically around $75-$80 for registration plus the cost of a jersey ($30). If you’re interested, let Pastor Glen know (gschlecht@ImmanuelLoveland.org).
Hiking Group. Contact Jim Found for more information (email@example.com or 970-663-5490).
Men’s Movie Nights. For Men’s Movie Nights, movies are watched over a two to three week period, followed by discussion about its implications to lives as men. Movie Night takes place Wednesday evenings from 6-7pm, Room 36 (1st floor, SW corner). For more information contact Pastor Glen at gschlecht@ImmanuelLoveland.org.
Young at Hearts. Immanuel’s senior (55 and Better!) group is called Young at Hearts. Activities are typically planned for twice a month, once at church for a guest speaker or indoor activity, and another time away from church for a service project or tour. Visitors and friends are welcome to all events! To be on the mailing list or to find out about upcoming dates, please contact Jim Found for more information (email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 970-663-5490).
MORE INFORMATION: You are invited to contact the contact person of any of these groups for additional information or you may call the church office, 970-667-4506. In addition, if there is an area of interest you have and would like to take the lead in gathering some like-minded (or like-interested) people, you are welcome to do that. Please contact Pastor Glen at gschlecht@ImmanuelLoveland.org to let him know so we can help advertise your interest group and post it on our website.
Service Groups at Immanuel Lutheran (As of February 9, 2020)
These are just some of the ways you can be involved and engaged in ministry at Immanuel.
- Cut, Sew, Quilt (making quilts for a variety of ministries)
- Stephen Ministry – Ron Arndt – email@example.com 303-519-3823
- Compassionate Friends Ministry (homebound visitation) – Pastor Al Schroeder Schroeder.firstname.lastname@example.org 970-217-0942
- Lutheran Women in Mission/LWML Sandy Northrup – email@example.com 970-481-2248
- Funeral Ministry (helping with a meal after a funeral/memorial service)
- Immanuel Meal Ministry (providing a meal for a family who needs this support; for example: new baby, surgery) – Gail Hein firstname.lastname@example.org 970-443-3078
- Church Library Ministry – Pastor Ed Seely email@example.com 616-334-5899
- Immanuel Women’s Ministry – Gail Hein firstname.lastname@example.org 970-443-3078 and Rhonda Frerichs email@example.com 970-381-3879
- Altar Guild Ministry – Lorna Miller 970-667-3973
- Military Ministry – Sandy Northrup firstname.lastname@example.org 970-481-2248
- Thrivent Builds (working in conjunction with Habitat for Humanity) – Dale Hartman email@example.com 303-827-1994
- Community Assistance Ministry – Rhonda Frerichs firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Kitchen - An Immanuel team of six serves food there on months that have a fifth Saturday. To be on the list of available people, contact Jim Found 663-5490.
- Angel Tree (Christmas gifts for children whose parents are in prison) – Teresa Rost Teresa@Rost.org 970-218-0719
- Giving Tree (similar to Angel Tree ministry but supports our neighbors at Orchard Place) – Teresa Rost Teresa@Rost.org 970-218-0719
- Church Nursery Ministry – Martha Semanko email@example.com
- Children’s Ministry – Martha Semanko firstname.lastname@example.org 701-793-7784
- Youth Ministry (middle school and high school) – Rachel Norem email@example.com 913-787-5246
- Music Ministry – Spirit Sounds (instrumentalists and vocalists supporting Contemporary Joy Worship service); Radical Ringers, Rock’n Ringers, Bell Bottoms, Ring Joycers (children, youth, and adult handbell choirs); Chancel Choir (high school and adult choir supporting Classic Grace Worship service); instrumentalists for festival worship services and other occasional services – Kathy Schlecht firstname.lastname@example.org 970-667-4506
- Worship Support – ushers, communion servers, basket holders (children), acolytes (lighting candles – children), ProPresenter (screens for worship), sound support, livestreaming support, greeters – Kathy Schlecht email@example.com 970-667-4506
- Shoes (and socks) for the Holidays – Erin Bergstrom firstname.lastname@example.org 970-691-0320
- Immanuel Sweetheart City Car Show and Car Care Expo – Randi Rost Randi@Rost.org 970-214-2211
8:00am: Classic Grace
9:30am Education Hour
10:30am: Contemporary Joy
Have questions for us? Ask!