Children & Families
Check out Miss Martha's weekly newsletter to stay up-to-date with everything going on for kiddos & families here at Immanuel!
July 1 Newsletter
Support with faith development is provided through...
45 Faith Fridays. Faith Fridays are for all 4th and 5th graders. We meet in-person the second Friday of the month (except February is the 5th) from 4:00pm-6:00pm. Email Martha Semanko our Director of Children and Family Ministries (email@example.com) to RSVP. Drop off and pick up are at the main doors. Please bring a mask! These are fun-filled Friday nights of faith growth and fellowship!
678 Faith Fridays. Contact Rachel Norem (firstname.lastname@example.org). Middle School Youth meet in-person the second Friday of the month (except February is the 5th) in the gym for fellowship, activities, and a Bible study from 6:00pm-8:00pm. Drop off and pick up are at the main doors at Immanuel. Please bring a mask! Get excited for a fun-filled Friday night of faith growth and fellowship!
Outta Bounds Summer Day Camp
Children in Worship
Resources for Families -- Click Here for devotional ideas, books, parenting help, helpful websites, etc.
Children's DVD (all available in church library)
- Adventures in Odyssey - also availavle in audio at https://www.oneplace.com/ministries/adventures-in-odyssey/ (All Ages)
- Torchlighters - Torchlighters® are animated, true-life stories of Christian heroes retold for young people. (Adults are also inspired by them.) Each Torchlighter® episode comes with a documentary and other features. (Ages 8-12)
- Veggie Tales - Help kids discover that God made them special and He loves them very much. (Ages Pre-k-1st)
- What's in the Bible - Your family will understand the entire Bible through these DVDs from VeggieTales® creator Phil Vischer and a bunch of hilarious friends! (Kindergarten - 4th grade)
- Love and Respect in the Family by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
- Bringing up Boys by Dr. James Dobson
- Bringing up Girls by Dr. James Dobson
- The New Strong-Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson
- Love and Logic by Foster W. Cline
- When Helping Hurts by Corbett & Fikkert
- When Children Grieve: For Adults to Help Children deal with Death, Divorce, Pet Loss, Moving, and Other Losses by John W. James
- Someone I Love Died by Christine Harder Tangvald
- How to Explain a Diagnosis to a Child: An Interactive Resource Guide for Parents and Professionals by Janet Arnold and Francine McLeod
- Talking to your Children about Divorce by Jean McBride
- Empowered to Connect (podcast, conference, huge resource library) - www.empoweredtoconnect.org
- Trust Based Relational Intervention - www.child.tcu.edu
- The Connected Child: Bring Hope & Healing To Your Adoptive Family by Purvis/Cross/Sunshine
- Beyond Consequences, Logic, and Control: A Love-Based Approach to Helping Attachment-Challenged Children with Severe Behaviors by Forbes/Post
- Taperstry Ministry - www.tapestryministry.org
- Refresh Gatherings (conferences, retreats, camps) - www.refreshgatherings.org
Books on Faith
- stickyfaith Everyday ideas to build lasting faith in your kids by Dr. kara E. Powell & Dr. Chap Clark
- The Jesus-Centered Life by Rick Lawerence
- Meet Generation Z by James Emery White
Podcast for Adults
- Paying Ridiculous Attention to Jesus
- Impact 360
- Tim Elmore: https://growingleaders.com/blog/
- Leadership Freak: https://leadershipfreak.blog/
- Mark Merrill Helping Families Love Well: http://www.markmerrill.com/
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIlweo9SxziGxoi16kE4HEQ - VBS songs, Devotions, Activities,etc.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tr5eUBTClw&list=PL-3aEhnkZ8LMPOZYNrVPV0... - Kids Worship Music
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline - www.thehotline.org
- "Children and Domestic Violence" - www.nctsn.org/contentchildren-and-domestic-violence
- "Impact of Domestic Violence on Children and Youth" - www.nctsn.org/content/children-and-domestic-violence
- Addiction Resource - www.addictionresource.com
- "Effects of Parental Substance Abuse on Children and Families" -- www.aaets.org
- Celebrate Recovery
- Thoughts on Tragedy and Terro from Carey Nieuwhof - www.careynieuwhof.com/thoughts-church-age-terror/
- "Talking with Kids about Tragedy" - www.bradleyhospital.org/talking-kids-about-tragedy
- Imprisonment of a family member - www.prisonfellowship.org/resources/training-resources/family
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America - www.bbborg
- "Grief in Times of Crisis - www.lifeway.com/kidsministry/2013/04/10/grief-in-times-of-crisis/
- 52 Family Dinner Discussion questions for tweens - From PreteenMinistry.net
- Focus on the Family - www.focusonthefamily.com
- Family Life - www.familylife.com
- Shaunti Feldhahn Books - www.shaunti.com
- Dr. Henry Cloud books - www.drcloud.com
- Les and Leslie Parrot books - www.lesandleslie.com
- Dr. Gary Chapman books - www.5lovelanguages.com
Check out our church library for more resources: Click Here!
December 27th One Worship Service at 9:30am - no Education Hour
8:00am: Classic Grace
9:30am Education Hour
10:30am: Contemporary Joy
Have questions for us? Ask!